Whether you are looking to get your foot in the door in manufacturing or looking for a company that has opportunity for advancement, we have the position for you!
We are looking for a 3rd Shift Process Technician, apply and come check us out!
The Process Technician performs molding machine startups and correct non-conformance’s using scientific molding and root-cause analysis techniques. Additionally, the Process Technician installs, removes, and troubleshoots simple to complex plastic injection molds using various tools in a safe and efficient manner.
At WPI, we offer a work-life balance, a clean and collaborative work environment, and many opportunities for growth and development.
WPI is an equal opportunity employer offering a highly competitive benefit package: short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, accident coverage, critical event coverage, 401K plan, holiday pay, PTO, safety equipment reimbursement, and an employee assistance program.
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Required: Lift truck and overhead crane certification (company provided)
- Required: RJG Master Molder or equivalent
- Work Experience Required: Experience performing mold setups or similar work using tools and machinery related to plastic injection molding
- Work Experience Required: Minimum 2 years of experience performing injection molding processing, Strong Hands-On injection molding processing and troubleshooting ability using scientific approach
- Work Experience Required: 2+ years experience performing mold setups or similar work using tools and machinery related to plastic injection molding
- Strong Hands-On injection molding processing and troubleshooting ability using scientific approach
- Comprehensive knowledge and thorough understanding of robotics and auxiliary equipment used with Plastics Injection molding machines
- Experience of Multi-Shot molding, automated color blending and central material drying
- Experience with engineering grade materials
- Ability to work under limited supervision, to self-initiate activities and to work within time limits.
- Proficiency using shop monitoring systems for proper assignment of various codes, mold cavitation, etc.
- Ability to communicate root cause issues and actions being implemented
- Relentless continuous improvement driver